Monday, May 17, 2010

Saddening Sprinklers

Lately I've decided to take every opportunity.
When I see something that looks exciting or fun
I do it.
Be spontaneous.
No regrets.
No thoughts or waiting to do it the next time.
I mean what if there is no next time.
I want to live today . . . not tomorrow.
Because if you wait for tomorrow to do everything
you just end up with a lot of empty yesterdays.
Anyway. The story?
Today Alaura, Michelle, and I ran some errands.
One stop was the library.
Outside the doors there is a circle garden and
when we arrived the sprinklers were on.
We decided to run through them.
Just as I was about to enter the wet spray
with the others following me close behind.
They shut off.
We all said "Noooooo!"
The people coming out of the library just stared.

Although spontaneity doesn't always work.
You get a story out of it every time.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

haha that is terrible!! i think that just broke my heart a little bit.