Thursday, July 1, 2010

Snoozing through . . .

I don't remember whether I blogged about this already or not, but back in January my friend Whitney blogged something that stuck out. And today due to MY own use of the blessed/cursed snooze button, I have been thinking about that post.

I mean I will be the FIRST to admit that I use the snooze button. Daily. Multiple times. Some days it feels great and sometimes . . . you just wake up feeling blah.
The post contains Jason Mraz's thoughts. He says "The Snooze Button – that device which offers a 2% chance of returning to your dreams and a 98% chance of non-fulfillment on your real ones. This morning as I hit the snooze alarm again, I got present to what it really is: a Procrastination Button."

He then talks about seeing that mentality in other aspects of our lives. Are we procrastinating projects? Bettering ourselves? Doing something we've always wanted to? While I think his dream statement is somewhat of an overstatement I do know that

1. If I didn't use the snooze I could be getting more GOOD sleep

OR
2. I could be doing something more useful and therefore fulfilling my life with a little more exercise, pondering time, or developing a talent.


*sigh*
I guess it's time to stop procrastinating and get out of bed ready to discover and fulfill my dreams.

1 comment:

Whit Sariah said...

oh heidi. i love you :)