Monday, March 14, 2011

You

I have written THREE blog posts out
and there are more in my head,
but I still don't know what to post . . 
so here it goes for now.

I haven't learned the lesson of studying well and keeping up in school as evident by my freaking out a little about the big lab report due tomorrow and three tests this week and one more Monday and everything else I have the rest of this semester which by the way only lasts another 8 weeks and then I am no longer an official student (unless grad school comes into the picture but for now . . .)

Am I terrified? A little. 
Excited? Some of that too.
While I haven't learned that lesson I have learned another. I have learned a lot about myself. ME. And in coming to realized my value it's heightened me to the value of others. I have always loved this quote by C.S. Lewis:

"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare. All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one or the other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations—these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit—immortal horrors or everlasting splendors."

That's me but more importantly that is YOU.
Don't forget you ok?
Because I think you are great. Nay,
I know you are great!

1 comment:

farfaraway said...

Thank you for the memories...each person is so important so "Do what you do so well and so uniquely that people can't resist telling others about you." Walt Disney. I love you.