Thursday, June 16, 2011

Something to look forward to.

Change
That six letter word can bring with it
happiness,
sadness,
excitement,
anxiety,
smiles,
tears,
laughter,
hugs,
sorrow,
joy,
and so many other things . . .

But without it nothing would happen
and we wouldn't be who we are.

Odd paradox sometime right?
It scares me nonetheless and so I am working on that.

My aunt posted this to think on a while ago

What would you say to the person you were five years ago? What will you say to the person you’ll be in five years?*

I wrote bunch of things out in letter form to myself,
and then decided it was too long to share,
and that no one would really care that much anyway,
but man how I wish I could tell my 2006 self about all the good things to come,
and prepare her for the bad
(but I kind of liked that I had to get through them without knowing the endings).
I try to live without regrets and trying to write a letter back to myself, I see a few . . .
let's hope I can figure that all out for 2016 me. :)
 I want to live.
I want to say yes to things.
I wan to experience things.
So take me with you?

Also my friend Cyri gave me this quote yesterday:
"Keep on beginning and failing.
Each time you fail, start over again, 
and you will grow stronger
until you have accomplished a purpose...
not the one you began with perhaps, 
But one you'll be glad to remember."
- Anne Sullivan Macy
And my cousin Pamela shared this video:

Oh how I love relishing life. :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love this post. You are so poetic. Let's play!